Thursday 3 November 2011

NaNoWriMo Inspiration #3

Ahhh! I'm late in posting, but it's for a good reason. I stayed up late last night and got a decent word count thus ended up sleeping a little later than normal. I also took a little time today to spend with my husband and youngest son. My DH will be giving me as much time as possible to write during his breaks so I think it's only fair to take a break for a few hours to spend some time with him and the kids. So on to business...

Yesterday's totals are: (insert drum roll here)

Editing: 30 pages of Falling Star
Untamed Hawaiian Heat: 2026 words
Branded Souls: 0

Grand total for the month: 2656 words
Words to go: 47344

I am confident that I'll be able to make it. Especially since I think I figured out what makes the task less daunting for both me and Lucien (my muse). As I was writing last night, I checked to see how many more words I needed to reach 52k on UHH. It dawned on me as I was doing this how much harder I try when I see how little I have to reach that goal. Most of the time it's less than 100 or 200 words. So I push myself to finish that little bit and suddenly I'm close to finishing another 100- 1k. When I'm on the front end of the 1k I focus on it in increments of 100 until I'm nearly finished with the 1k. Then I focus on reaching the 1k mark and so on and so forth.

So with this revelation in mind, I'll begin my writing goal tonight not by looking at the 2k I HAVE to make to stay on target for the month (I did the math and I actually need a little over 1700 to reach the 50k goal for the month). Instead I'll start by focusing my goal on getting that 344 words out of the way. If my theory is correct, the next time I look at my word count I'll already be halfway through the next 1k. I'll let you know if this works for me. And by all means, feel free to try this out for yourself.

Now for an inspiring quote and of course some eye candy. (BTW, if there are any guys who would like a little female eye candy, let me know and I'll post it too.)

To write something, you have to risk making a fool of yourself. ~ Anne Rice

Don't worry about this during NaNo though! You can fix these errors when you start editing/revising in December!




Mmmm...I really don't think any words are necessary here. *sigh*


Okay, enough play time.Here's a towel to wipe the drool off the keyboard. Now get back to work. You have a novel to finish!! You can always come revisit the pretty when you need a little more inspiration. I know I will.

Happy writing everyone!

Aloha,
Shay

Discover worlds where passion breathes...

No comments:

Post a Comment